Re-opens spring 2018
- View this historic station restored to its former glory.
- Step inside the vintage carriage, complete with compartments and guards van.
- Browse the authentic railway artefacts.
- Restored 1940’s Sentinel shunting engine.
- Let the children play in the waggons and with railway toys.
- Take a refreshment break, hot and cold drinks etc. available.
- Open from April 1st to October.
Sandford Station Railway Heritage Centre, located in the iconic old station booking office at the heart of the St. Monica Trust Retirement Village, opened its doors to the public for the first time in July 2010. Since then there have been many visitors of all ages – lots of ‘locals’ of course, walkers and cyclists from the Strawberry Line, families from the area or on holiday. We have been delighted by the people with railway connections, some who worked on the line and others who rode on it, who have dropped in with stories to tell and items to donate. Railways are in their blood and they have given us all sorts of interesting insights and information into the workings of the station and the Branch-line going back over generations of their families.
The Sandford Station Railway Heritage Centre is accessed from the Strawberry Line footpath and National Cycle network route 26 that follows the disused railway path.
The Heritage Centre is located off Station Road, Sandford, BS25 5AA.